Mid-Hudson Valley Community Profiles Website Launched - May 2011
The Mid–Hudson Valley Community Profiles project represents a commitment by three of the region’s leading philanthropic organizations to provide the public with continuously updated comparative information regarding Dutchess, Orange, and Ulster counties. The project is designed to provide government and nonprofits with an important new tool for assessing and understanding the populations they serve.
The Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley, the Dyson Foundation, and the United Way of Dutchess County jointly commissioned the Center for Governmental Research (CGR) to collect and analyze the data and maintain the website. With input from local health and human service providers, the three organizations selected 50 indicators within the following fields to be included on the site: Children & Youth, Community Engagement, Demographics, Economy, Education, Financial Stability, Health, and Housing.
This website provides an “apples–to–apples” understanding of regional trends and comparative information that had been difficult to obtain in the past because of variations in how each county reports certain types of information. The site enables organizations to track community conditions, develop programs, and affect change that will ultimately contribute to the well–being of citizens in the Mid–Hudson Valley.
Some of the comprehensive features included on this site are:
- One regional profile section that includes charts, data tables, and analysis of the three–county region (Dutchess, Orange, and Ulster) based on a consistent set of 50 indicators.
- Three separate community profile sites (Dutchess, Orange, and Ulster) that include charts, data tables, and analysis specific to each individual county with comparisons to the region.
- Key trends analysis for the eight main fields for each of the four community profile sites.
- A summary report compiling key trends for each of the four profile sites.
- Demographic indicators, including total population, age of population, population by race and ethnicity, and household type for each of the four profile sites.
- Regular updating of indicator data, charts, and analysis, as well as county and regional summaries.
- The ability for users to export data into a CSV format such as Excel.
Visit the Mid-Hudson Valley Community Profiles website.