Guidelines for other Mid-Hudson Counties
The Dyson Foundation will consider requests for project support from 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organizations located in Columbia, Greene, Orange, Putnam and Ulster counties if the proposed project:
- has a substantial impact on Dutchess County (e.g., serves a large number of Dutchess County residents);
- will have a regional impact on problems or issues that are significant in their scope;
- represents true regional collaborations between multiple organizations or agencies;
- provides important and needed services to economically disadvantaged children, youth, and families; or
- improves access to health care for economically disadvantaged communities.
The Foundation will consider multi-year awards as well as challenge grants. Grants to capital campaigns or endowments will not be considered.
In general, the Dyson Foundation does not make grants to public or private schools outside of Dutchess County. We do, however, make limited funding available to private/independent schools (K-12) serving children with special needs in Columbia, Greene, Orange, Putnam and Ulster counties through our Management Assistance Program (MAP). These schools are eligible to apply for MAP grants, which support technical assistance or strategic restructuring activities. In certain circumstances, we will consider funding to faith-based organizations (find guidelines here).
We will consider limited funding to arts organizations or projects that provide managment support or training to other arts organizations, and to arts organizations or projects that can demonstrate the potential to increase local tourism and employment and/or other local economic development as a result of their efforts.
The Foundation is not currently considering grants for environmental organizations, historic sites, historic preservation organizations, or for capital campaigns. These organizations may still be eligible for Management Assistance Program and Strategic Restructuring Initiative grants.
Review our How to Apply page and then follow the instructions on our Grants Portal to submit a letter of inquiry.
For examples of project support grants, please see our recent grants.