Project Support Grants
Project support grants are available to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the Mid-Hudson Valley (Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, and Ulster counties), although we have very specific criteria for faith-based organizations and schools.
Funding is primarily available for single and multi-year projects in the following areas:
- basic human needs such as food, housing, health care and other human services
- youth after-school and summer programs (see After-School and Summer Programs guidelines)
Funding is also available through specific funding initiatives for the following:
- organizational capacity building efforts (see Management Assistance Program)
- nonprofit mergers and collaborations (see Nonprofit Strategic Restructuring Initiative)
Very limited funding is also available for:
- arts organizations that provide support or training to other arts organizations, and on a much more limited basis, we will consider funding to arts organizations if they have demonstrated and significant positive impacts on job opportunities and the local economy.
- economic development only where there is a clear charitable purpose and public benefit, as well as a direct link with the Dyson Foundation's priority funding areas.
The Dyson Foundation does not fund the following:
- the arts
- historic preservation
- the environment
- capital campaigns
How to Apply to the Dyson Foundation for funding.